Saturday, April 17, 2010

Keeping Current

Today, my mom, sister, best friend and I attended Salt Lake's largest wedding expo to get some ideas for the big day, and let me tell you, putting that many women in a room at one time is DANGEROUS! Not to mention that there was a gun show going on next door! As Whitney's dad so accurately put it, "There's way too many hormones and amunition bouncing around in one area for anyone to be considered safe!" Haha, I couldn't agree more! Well sorta, but we really did have a good time together! I got to spend the day with three of the most special and important women in my life! So despite my drooping shoulders and glazed over eyes, I was fully aware that these moments need to be soaked up and enjoyed, because I have very few of them left.
During my intermissioned and hunched over state, while Whitney and I were trying to recover on an orange couch we found back in a corner, I ran into my cousin who informed me that I need to do some blog updating! So my apologies to all who keep looking to this for wedding planning updates. I have no excuse other than the fact that I'm a newbie to the bloggers' world. From now on, I'll try to keep things current. So here's things that can be crossed off my wedding to-do list so far:

WEDDING DRESS - Let's be honest, it's the first thing on a girl's list of priorities. Luckily, I was able to find the exact one that I had been looking for. And when I say exact, I do mean exact. It's so beautiful! It got the dad "stamp of approval," which usually means things are going to be pretty great! SIDE NOTE - Things in the past that have gotten the dad "stamp": horse, car, computer, hair, fiance. So far, I've had a pretty good success rate :)
In addition to my dress, I also found this sweet, Christian lady in Oregon who is going to hand-make my veil. The best part about it is that I was able to design it, which makes it that much more special! Me and my mom were also able to find shoes that will add a vintage flare to the whole thing!

WEDDING DATE - Friday, August 20, 2010 - Consider this our "Save the Date!"

WEDDING VENUE - Ceremony: After tons of visits to different venues and many frustrating conversations with the calculator, something finally clicked...why not combine all the things that I've ever wanted in a ceremony venue, for FREE?! Answer: Backyard. Matt and I both wanted a small ceremony with mainly family and a few close friends present, but I had always wanted an outdoor wedding, preferably in the mountains. My parents have put so much work into our yard to help make it beautiful, and we decided it would be so fitting to have the ceremony here. I'll have a waterfall backdrop, beautiful view of the Utah mountains on both sides, as well as the company of the other members of our family...my horse and two dogs! Haha okay, okay, I know what you're thinking....but don't worry! I'm not going to be one of those people that include their animals in their wedding line. But the fact that they'll be there in the background when the whole thing goes down makes it special :)
Reception: Matt and I both really enjoy a modern touch to things, and our reception venue adds just that! Our reception will take place at The Point Restaurant in downtown Salt Lake. It's at the top level of the Huntsman Cancer Institute and will overlook downtown on one side with a beautiful view of the mountains on the other. We're so excited about it! My only piece of advice to you that you make sure to bring your dancin' shoes!!!

PHOTOGRAPHER: I've already given her a plug on here before, but her work is absolutely unique and incredible! If you're looking for a great photographer, she's it!
http://www.photoumbra.com/

So there you go! You are now as current and in-the-loop as I am! Keep reading for special wedding details that we hope will make this wedding as much of a celebration for you as it is for us!

Love, love!

1 comment:

jenny said...

congrats miss marcie-! are you moving to oklahoma?

i love new blog friends. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...