Sunday, May 15, 2011

all you'll ever need in a summer music {mixalota}

Me and my best friend used to always make mix cds for each other of some of our favorite songs.  It was always the best gift to get because you never knew what to expect!! Once a song started, we would be like "Oh my gosh! I love this song!", and then we would listen to it for a couple seconds and skip to the next song and be like, "Oh my gosh! I LOVE this song!" Pathetic? No. Dramatic? Maybe. I really prefer to think of it as happiness {on a circular disc}!  I would always make up cool names for them like "Man Hater Mixalota Numero Uno," "Shake Your Booty Mixalota," "Koo-koo Crazy Mixalota," "Just Chill Mixalota" and "Man Hater Mixalota Numero Dos"....not sure why they all ended in mixalota or why so many of them involved hating men....but oh well! {For the record, the man-hater ones were made before I met my oh-so-amazing husband! They were dedicated to all the ones before the hubs!! Haha} However, in homesickness honor of my dearest {best friend and left butt cheek} Whitney, I've made her a mixalota of my current favorite songs and thought I would share it with you {the lovely readers}! So from my ears to yours, here's your very first mixalota! Enjoy! :)

Rumour Has It - Adele



Love Whiplash - Jayme Dee


Mean - Taylor Swift



Who Says -Selena Gomez


Forget You (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast


Hello - Martin Solveig & Dragonette
{to Whitney} When I heard this song, you were the first person that came to my mind! You little heartbreaker!!! Haha love!!


Paris (Ooh la la) - Grace Potter


Sula - Jeremy Fisher


Teenage Dream (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast


Sherry - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons


Rhythm of Love - Plain White T's


Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland


Planes Overhead - Carolina Story
**Fun fact about this band....Matt's cousin, Kraigery {who was in our wedding}, was able to travel around with Carolina Story on tour as their drummer! I feel {super} cool knowing {and now being related} to him!


Sweetest Thing - U2


Lovelier Than You - B.O.B


Glitter in the Air - Pink



Marry Me - Train

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...