Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Trips

Matt was given the awesome opportunity at the beginning of October to go to California and attend Kip Barber's Driving School where he got to learn how to drive Formula 1 race cars! He was only one of two people that were chosen by his work to go on the trip.  It was all-inclusive and he had so much fun!!  I, on the other hand, was so excited for him, but was going to miss him for the four days that he was gone! However, my parents had something up their sleeve and surprised me with a buddy pass to travel back home while Matt was in California! Needless to say, I was MORE than excited!!!!! Especially considering I would make it home in time for my favorite season and be able to see all the trees change! 


It was the most refreshing trip, like a breath of fresh air for my soul! Not only was I able to soak up some much needed mom and sister time, but was able to ride my sweet horse, Cuddles {who I miss so much}, go trail-running with my best-friend and drink up wayyyyy too much Beans and Brew coffee! Ahhh....I can almost taste it right now! I must tell you though, my favorite part of the trip was a day when we went driving up to the mountains to see all the colors and exercise a few of my photography muscles! There is nothing more refreshing than taking a deep breath of mountain air in the autumn! I wish I could bottle it up and use it as an
antioxidant for when bad days come along. It really is the best smell in the whole world; it makes you want to just close your eyes and drink it all in! {And if this seems a little dramatic, it's probably because I'm watching Anne of Green Gables as I write this! Forgive my languid tones. And if you've never watched the movie, forgive and forget this whole statement.}
On our way back down, we drove through a small town called Heber. It is the cutest little place full of small shops, big farms and lots of homemade goodness! It makes you feel like you've left the states and have traveled over to a Swiss dairy farmland. Matt and I stayed in a Bed and Breakfast up there for our honeymoon and found the mosts delicious Mexican restaurant known to man!  It's called Tarahumara and makes the most incredible chimichanga cheesecake that you've ever had! They also have a large salsa bar with some of the tastiest and most unique salsas that I've never seen anywhere else! My favorite is the Jalepeno Cilantro! Anyway, Matt and I have been craving their chimichanga cheesecake for over a year and I was not about to pass up an opportunity to have a piece! I sent Matt this picture:
He was very jealous. And you should be, too. Not only is the chimichanga itself a delight, but they top it with fresh raspberries, strawberries and blueberries and a side of ice cream and whip cream. Yumm!!!!

Anyway, enough about food. The trip was so amazing and I was so grateful to be able to see my family again! And as hard as it was to leave, it was nice knowing that I would see them in a few weeks at Thanksgiving!  :) Fall is in full swing and so is my delight!! I'm feeling refreshed and renewed after the short trip home and I'm finally starting to feel back to my old self! Life is good.

1 comment:

Countrylivn' said...

It is always good to go HOME! Your pictures are gorgeous, and I LOVE me some Anne of Green Gables, I have been introducing my little girls to her, such a classic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...