Friday, April 13, 2012

I've been thinking...

So I've been thinking a lot lately {shocker, I know!}.  Luckily for me, the weather in my part of the world is cooperating quite nicely and providing a lot of rain; which, in my opinion, is the greatest thinking weather of all! The only downside to this weather is that tornadoes accompany it! {Eeeeek!!!!} So to keep my mind busy and my anxiety at bay, this blog {and maybe yours} will be visited  quite often in the next few days!
But like I said, I've been thinking.
Thinking about creativity.
I'm a firm believer that creativity is a gift that each one of us possess. Whether it's the ability to make an outfit out of a few scraps of fabric {not me}, play a song on the guitar {not me, again}, bake a loaf of bread from scratch {definitely not me}, take a picture {maybe me} or solve an HR problem at work, creativity is involved in every area of our lives! You name your job, and I'm sure I could name a few ways you have to use creativity on a daily basis. I think we're all artists in our own fashion.  And the cool thing about it is that God designed us that way!
So this is me being honest: I get so inspired by all of the different artists {writers, photographers, bloggers, fashionistas, DIYers, etc} out there, that sometimes it's so hard not to compare myself to them and then  start feeling inadequate because I'm somehow different. Does that make sense?! It's like I'm on this journey trying to discover my "style," or the thing that will set me apart from all others. However, when I'm constantly looking to others and trying to define myself based off of who they are, I am may never fully discover who I am, or more importantly, who God created me to be as his own, uniquely unique individual! The great thing about art and creating is that the more you do it, the more your style begins to shine through! So the more I write, the more I take pictures, the more I practice what comes naturally {and sometimes unnaturally}, the more I'll be able to look back through my journey and see the uniqueness that only I could bring to a project. My style. And the journey is not just about discovering what my style is, but equally as important is also discovering what it's not.
Really that's what I've been trying to focus on lately....what comes natural, what I enjoy and what I know beyond a doubt is not right for me! And the small changes that have been happening here on my little blog are part of that process! So
 if you're still reading this, thank you for bearing with me in all of my humanity! I'm hoping and knowing the end results are going to be lovely for the both of us!

xo,
Marcie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...