Sunday, March 06, 2011

delectable {delightful} italian parmesan rolls

Last week we had a big banquet for our high school and mid-high leaders at The Mix to honor them and to introduce the new name of our youth leadership group, "Catalyst". It turned out to be a huge success! We wanted to make the night really special for the parents and teenagers, but we also wanted to keep the cost down. Luckily, we had one of our amazing moms {who is an amazing cook} volunteer to make spaghetti {for 90 people}! And just a sidenote, youth ministry honestly couldn't survive without the help of parents and adults like that!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU if you are one of those people!! Anyway, back to the story....I was in charge of making rolls to go along with the spaghetti. They turned out to be such a huge hit that I had tons of people asking me for the recipe {more like concoction} so I decided to post it here for everyone to enjoy!
Italian Parmesan Rolls
Ingredients:
Rhodes dough frozen rolls {I usually use wheat, but I used white at the banquet}
Butter
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Italian Style Seasoning {In the past, I've also used a sundried tomato&garlic seasoning}
Directions:
Let the frozen rolls thaw. {I put them in the refrigerator the night before I used them.}
Once they've thawed, melt butter {about 1/4 c. for 1 dozen rolls} in a bowl and put the parmesan cheese {about 1/2 - 1 c.} in a seperate bowl.
Roll the thawed dough first in the butter then in the parmesan cheese. Place roll on non-stick pan. Do this with each roll until the pan is full. Then, sprinkle each roll with Italian seasoning.
Let rise for 3-5 hours or until rolls double in size.
Cook for 15-20 min. @ 350 degrees.


Special thanks to Heather Williams {a phenomenal wife, mom, pastor, friend and mentor}, who first showed me how to make these rolls! {Coincidentally, it was at another youth spaghetti dinner!} These rolls are GUARANTEED to be the point of many {delicious} compliments! Let me know if you make them and how they turn out! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...