Sunday, March 20, 2011

{sometimes} we sing {songs} and ihave {favorite} things

My favorite part about being married? I'm glad you asked. That would be singing {made up songs} while driving.cleaning.doing laundry.cooking.texting.feeding the dogs.turning on the lights...pretty much anything that requires energy {or no energy at all}. Matt is quite fond of all my made up songs, although he may not always admit it!  He humors me {me and my tone-deaf voice} sweetly! Even though I may not sound that great singing {my made-up songs, or any song at all for that matter}, I think it adds to the awesomeness of it all! And yes, I just said awesomeness. Right at this moment, both of us {we} are singing along to Glee. So.much.fun!!!! But I will admit, he sounds much better than I do! It's part of his husband-appeal! Not many people know this, but Matt has a great voice! It's one of the things that hooked me when we first started dating!! But my husband is modest when it comes to his creative {painting, singing, playing the guitar, && any hand-man needs} talents. I admire that about him, because quite honestly, I wouldn't be so modest! :)

In between the singing {fever}, I was scrolling through a few of my favorite blogs when I found what could be my newest favorite place to visit! Here's a list of that and my seven favorite things {for the moment}.

1. Shabby Apple....ah heck, just look here! :)
2. This one kind of goes along with #1....I love all of Shabby Apple's dresses! I always tell Matt that I was
born in the wrong era. If it were up to me, I would have been born in the 1940s. {Although I probably wouldn't have been able to handle all of the manual labor that was required by women back then. And by labor, I mean cooking everyday. No thanks. I'll take 2011.} But thanks to sites like this and Anthropologie, I'm able to live out my {vintage} fantasies through the best part of that era....the fashion!
3. I.LOVE.RED.LIPSTICK and big hats. Enough said. Oh wait, I love red nail polish, TOO!! :)
4. I am so in love with these bikes! I can just imagine riding my bike to the store and carrying back groceries on my little basket that would be attached to the front! So cute!!! One day I'll have one.
5. I have wanted a Vespa for about the past 4 years. I would take one in yellow. Or turqoise. Either color would be my favorite! Matt and I have a deal that when he buys a motorcycle that I can get a Vespa! The only drawback is that he says I can only ride it in the neighborhood. And although I normally love his safety precautions, this one would be what I consider a "fun-sucker".
6. Sweet tea is one thing that I have fully embraced about southern living! There's nothing more refreshing than an ice cold glass of sweet tea on a hot day! It has almost fully {but not completely} replaced my addiction to coffee....but that's mostly for the fact that Starbucks is the only thing offered here in L-Town. I'm more of a local coffee shop kind of girl! Not such a huge fan of the burnt-coffee taste that starbucks offers.
7. TULSA! I said before that we were moving to the 918, but here's a few more details.  For the past few months, Matt and I have really been feeling God changing our hearts, but we just didn't know what we were supposed to do with it. Well, in a whirlwind of opportunities, one stood out above all the others and Matt accepted a position in Tulsa. He'll be working with his best friend in a tire shop and we'll both be helping out at a church plant that was started by his old youth pastor about a year and a half ago! We both are so excited! We're going to miss our church family here at Lawton First Assembly, but we know God has big plans for both them and us! Now comes the stressful part....packing and selling our house! Ahhh!!! But let me repeat: we're SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

3 comments:

sully said...

Singing is allways fun:)
Praying that your house sells soon, & your move is uneventful & quick.
(I am with you on the cooking part)

Countrylivn' said...

Marcie- you are such a great writer, seriously, I love it! Fun post! Mijken

jL&cKlawyer said...

marcie- i loved this!! First of all now I am addicted to shabby apple and have been making a wishlist for over an hour.. this is dangerous.. thank you for putting that website out there! Now I am in big trouble from the hubby.. I decided you should move to Germany if you wantto ride your bike to the grocery store and put your groceries in the basket because that is SO what I do every week! But of course my bike is no where hear as cute as that one! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...