Wednesday, July 13, 2011

LovAcado


I've said it before and I'll say it again....if I could have a love affair, it would be with avocados!!!!! I just absolutely ell-oh-vee-ee them {that spells LOVE, for those of you who didn't grow up on the mickey mouse club songs}! And just when you thought they couldn't get any better, I'm here to introduce you to a brand new way of using them for oh-so-wonderful results! But before I do that, let's take a quick look at the health benefits that they provide!
Numero Uno: Cancer Prevention
Avocados not only taste delicious, but they've also been shown to inhibit the growth of prostate cancer, seek out oral pre-cancerous and cancerous cells and destroy them without harming healthy cells  and helps prevent breast cancer! Need I go on?!
2{dos}:Lower cholesterol
Three{tres}:Anti-aging
Quads{cuatro} thru {infinity and beyond}:Stroke prevention, eye health, better nutrient absorption....etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!
Learn more about them
and {here}

Anyway, what can I say, they speak for themselves! I know you're already reaching for that bag of chips and salsa so you can make some guacamole! BUT WAIT!!!!! Before you use up that whole avocado, set aside a tablespoon of it for a special therapeutical treat: 
DIY Avocado Facial

Take that tablespoon of avocado that you set aside {approximate} and mash it up until it's all sorts of mushy! Then, lather on a clean, dry face and let sit for about 10 minutes! Rinse and.....ta-da! Introducing the softest face you've ever had!

Now, if you're like me, you're going, "Put an avocado on my face?! YEAH RIGHT!!" And you're right, it sounds crazy! I was saying the exact same thing. My face is the most temperamental thing you'll ever see, so it took my mom {a Mary Kay sales rep and all-around makeup goo-roo} a few times trying it and convincing me my face wouldn't erupt into a mountain of oozing zits before I tried this wonderful DIY spa trick.  But let me just say, it's now part of my weekly masking ritual. The skin perks of this mask include: Vitamins A & C {both help with anti-aging}, anti-microbial properties and oils to help moisturize. I'll stop there because I'm starting to sound like one of those late night infomercials! Read more about the health benefits here.

Let me know if you try it! If you're anything like me, I'm always up for anything all-natural!! I think my next step will be the banana facial! How much crazier can it get?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...