Sunday, November 11, 2012

'Tis' Times Three

I just realized that I used the word "tis" in two consecutive blog posts.
This would make it three consecutive blog posts.
However, that's not what I'll be writing about today.
Today, I'll be writing about my second child's constant need for discipline and attention.
Oh, and please know, when I say children, I do mean dogs, which are pretty much the same thing as children, except they love you more and don't demand clothing. 
{P.S. If you're reading this and happen to be one of those poor, lonely souls who've never known the endless and devoted love of a four legged friend, please feel free to close this browser and click on the blog of a fish lover. You'll probably feel more "at home" there. There is really no gray area here. Dog=child. That's that.}
Yesterday the weather in Oklahoma took a thirty degree dive. Having grown up in Utah, these dramatic weather outbursts are nothing but the norm. They actually make me feel more at home.
Anyway, husband and I had a lazy day snuggled up inside by the fire with the two poochies!
Quite honestly, I was in heaven! Nothing warms my heart more than days cozied up inside with my sweet family! I even made my oh-so-famous potato soup!
However, my sweet Piper demands our constant attention. And when she doesn't have it, she finds ways to get it....like howling, barking or jumping on the counter and eating our food.
She really is an angel from heaven, even on the days when it feels like she's visiting from the land down under {and I'm not talking about Australia}.
Today she was put in "time-out" and restricted to her leash multiple times.
And when she was leash restricted, her solution: pouting.
Pouting and looking at me with that sweet bear face, pleading with me to let her run free. You would think that she is the most neglected child in the world.
Most dramatic is more like it. 
But my heart just melts in those sweet puppy eyes!
Not sure what that says about my parenting skills. One thing's for sure, Matt will definitely have to be the disciplinarian!

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Listen. I've never had a dog. but i want a chocolate lab. not a fish. definitely not a fish.

But I too grew up in utah. now however, I've lived everywhere. but I somehow ended up in Southern Utah.

5 days ago it was 80 degress. and then boom.. like a pms fueled weather change. 30 degress and snow flurries. It was the worst day of my whole life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...